Savoy cabbage stew – a classic
Ingredients for 4 servings
For the stew
- 100 g of smoked tofu in 1 cm cubes
- 380 g of Savoy cabbage – wash, remove the stem and in 1-cm strips
- 200 g potatoes, mealy – peel and cut into 1.5 cm cubes
- 100 g celeriac – peel and cut into 1-cm cubes
- 70 g carrots – peel, cut in half and in 5 mm slices
- 60 g red onions – cut into strips
Liquid ingredients and spices
- 900 ml vegetable broth
- 3 TBSP vegan organic Margarine
- 1 TBSP peanut oil
- 1 TBSP Tamari (soy sauce) – 2 TBSP of water mix
- 1 TBSP tomato paste
- 2 Pinches of cumin, ground
- 1 Bay leaf
- Crystal salt
- Pepper from the mill
- 2 TBSP chives – cut in fine rings
Preparation time about 15 minutes cooking/baking time approx. 25 minutes
The Margarine in a saucepan and add carrots, onions and celery in about 2 Min. stewing. Then Cabbage, potatoes and caraway seeds and 1 Min. steam.
Add the tomato puree and the vegetable stock and deglaze. Lightly salt and pepper, add the Bay leaf and cover and leave to boil. Reduce the heat and stew for approximately 20 Min. simmer until the potatoes are soft.
In the meantime, the peanut oil in a frying pan and fry the Tofu in about 3 Min. sear. Then with the Tamari-water mixture to deglaze, the liquid briefly bring to a boil and remove from heat.
Once the stew is cooked to the end, remove the Bay leaf, and Tamari, salt and pepper to taste. Then add the Tofu and warm up.
Four soup bowls and sprinkle with chives sprinkled serve.
Nutritional values per Serving
- Calories: 208 kcal
- Carbs: 11 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Fat: 12 g